Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Let's get ready to ski!

So I've ordered new skis (aren't they pretty?) from Fat-ypus (also *borrowed* the picture from the site). The skis are called E-motion and according to the website, they are:
"Used by our female team athletes on the World Freeskiing tour, it handles the most aggressive style of skiing without a problem, yet it's lightweight and with enough sidecut that it is easy to turn and even your intermediate skier will love it".

Sounds like fun!!

My past skis have included Rossignol Saphire's, Head Monster's, and most recently my bf's old Rossignol B3's with new bindings. Everytime I get a new pair, I think they are the best skis ever. When I had the Saphires, I was on the highschool racing team and thought they were great for going fast and whipping around gates.

Then I moved to Sun Peaks, where I worked as a ski instructor. I decided that I wanted to take my CSIA level II and someone suggested it might be time to get some new skis. So I tested out a whole bunch until bam! The Monsters! They were so awesum and I was so excited and happy with them (and I passed my level II!!)

Last year, I took over the B3's. The first time I wore them, I had talked the whole gondola ride up about how much I love skiing, how I worked as a ski instructor, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, two guys from the gondola decided to join me. I put on the skis, pushed off, took the first turn... and crashed into a family of eight standing at the top of the hill. Seriously, we're talking bowling pins. But after that embarassing start to the season, I fell in love with my new fat, long skis, and they quickly replaced the Monsters.

And now? Is it good-bye B3's? Stay tuned... I'll let you know at the end of November (Whistler opens Nov. 27th!!)

No comments: