Thursday, November 27, 2008

My new skis!

So yes, I finally got a new cord so that I can connect my camera to my computer. And the first thing I took a picture of? My new Fat-ypus Emotion skis, of course! Here's what they look like - okay, it's not the best looking picture, but you get the idea... I really have them.

I am so excited to bust them out (and a bit nervous too - the guys keep telling me these will be like no other skis I've ever had). It took me a while to get used to the Rossignol B3's last year, so I'm expecting the same here. Actually, I'm a bit chicken to try them out... I hate crashing the first run of the season!

I also have my new touring bindings on them (Marker Baron Ski Bindings) and am definitely psyched to try those out. Dragging my stuff up the hill last year was a big pain, so I'm really glad that I have all the right gear this season.

I'm actually in Whistler as I write this, but I forgot my ski pass, so tomorrow will be spent looking for an apartment/room rather than skiing. A few weeks ago, I talked about how my sister had been looking for a place in Whistler and how difficult it had been for her.

And now I'm the one stuck posting sad little wanted ads on Craigslist and staying up all night waiting for the new online version of the Pique's classified ads to go live, But it will all be worth it, because I am moving to Whistler!

That's right, I landed a sweet, full-time, permanent job in Whistler! I now have all winter (well, when I'm not working) to ski my little heart out!! So stay tuned for updates on everything skiing, and everything Whistler.


No comments: