Thursday, September 18, 2008

Time to Twitter

So I joined up with Twitter a few months ago and have slowly gotten into the flow of things. Although I only have a small group of people I follow (and followers), I've gotten used to reading people's posts and have found some great links and new people to follow. The majority of content I listen / comment on is related to either skiing (come on winter!!) or marketing.

But today, I took a big step into the Twitter world. I created an account for the company I work for and listed myself as the current user. Then I started searching for people who seemed involved in technology, both in Vancouver and around North America, and took some time to judiciously add them as people I'm following. And now I feel like a kid at Christmas - wondering if I'll end up with presents or just a lump of coal. Will people add me? Will they talk to me? So far, I've had one person add "me" a.k.a. the company. I've actually had to sign out to help fight the urge to check for new posts.

No comments: