Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My first marketing conference!



Tomorrow I'm going to the IMC (Internet Marketing Conference). Looking at the agenda, I can tell it's going to be two days full of lots of information. I actually attempted to print out the entire agenda, but stopped when I realized it would be 21 pages long!

I'm a few months into my new position as marketing manager, and have been doing a lot of research into what the company's online prescence should look like. Tools I'm enjoying using are delicious, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google reader, Google analytics, Twitter, and now blogger!

Up until now I've been using my own accounts and preferences (such as setting up RSS feeds in Google reader to track Twitter activity for the terms "skiing" and "Whistler). However, I think it's just about time to get my ideas up and running for the company. Plans include a blog, Twitter account, and more interesting content for the company website. As well, the website needs tweaking (I hate thatword...) in regards to keywords, subject content, and outgoing links.

I have found a lot of good websites, e-books, and blogs and feel like I'm backed with lots of research. And after the conference, hopefully I'll have more ideas and confidence so that I can actually put my plans into action!

No comments: